Frequently Asked Questions About Table Tennis
Ages 6 to 100
You may request individual lessons or schedule a group lesson with your friends or family. (maximum of 4 to a group)
There are many factors to consider for your first paddle. We can make recommendations based on your age, experience, playing style, budget, and frequency of playing. We also do sell some equipment, featuring Xushaofa three star 40+ balls and a limited number of Xiom and Victasblades. We can also assist you in selecting and ordering your equipment and having your paddle built to your specifications.
All coaching and training sessions are on an appointment only basis. We schedule sessions 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday), between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm.
For players who have never had any coaching or are beginners, most of your time will be spent learning basic strokes and fundamentals until you are ready to do more advanced drills.
More experienced players will have most of their time doing multi-ball drills designed to compliment their individual playing style.
Coaching can be done at any location, including your home, as long as there is a table available for you to use.
Every table tennis coach has a slightly different approach to improvement. My own take is that the skills that should be emphasized in training fall into the following four categories:
1. FOCUS – Stop thinking! Concentrate! This little bit of wisdom has something to say about focus. To allow yourself to be fully focused your mind has to be free to really concentrate. It is far easier to stay focused in a match when you have the confidence that your game is fundamentally sound. Training sessions devoted to improving focus involve repetition and emphasis on correct strokes and specific ball placement.
2. BALANCE – Being in the right position to play well involves having a wide stance with feet fairly far apart creating a lower center of gravity. Balance training sessions involve combining multiple strokes and practicing normal patterns of movement involved in matches.
3. TOUCH – You should feel like your paddle is an extension of your body. This means you should find a good racket that feels right to you and is suited to your individual style of play and try not to play with anything else. Practice sessions emphasizing touch often involve serves, serve returns, and drills that include changes in speed and spin.
4. STRATEGY – The right match strategy can be the difference between winning comfortably and losing badly. Everyone you play will have different strengths and weaknesses. Knowing how to play someone is the key to success when playing against your toughest opponents. Practice sessions emphasizing strategy include developing multiple plans and playing out points in match simulations.
Prices for Table Tennis Training & Coaching
- * $15 per 1-hour individual session (coaching or training)
- * $15 per person per 1-hour group coaching session (maximum of 4 people per session)
- * $100 (approx.) per 1-hour demonstration to an employee group at their location (No limit on number of employees)
- * Minimum of additional $20 for travel
Table Tennis Equipment
- * We also can help with your equipment decisions.
- * Equipment for sale features Xushaofa three-star 40+ balls.
- * We have a limited supply of Xiom and Victas blades.
- * Call 770-403-8290 to discuss your equipment needs.